Ice Development Ltd. is currently seeking a Controller who will be responsible for defining standards, policies, procedures, measures and organizational enhancements to meet Company goals for Finance and Administration. This role will oversee all finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and other corporate functions. Controller will advise and assist the Senior Management in meeting and exceeding the overall financial and strategic objectives of the Company – helping to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and assist with the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Oversee the financial operations of related companies
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee the issuance of financial information regarding preparation & review of monthly, quarterly & year end statements
- Review and forecast cashflow requirements for both short term (weekly) & long-term
- Ensure regulatory filings are complete and up to date
- Ensure the accounting of revenues and expenses/assets and liabilities are performed in a materially accurate, efficient, and timely manner in conformity with applicable accounting standards
- Conduct bi-weekly project reviews with senior management/ project managers
- Manage and mentor Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, payroll & the senior accountant
- Coordinate preparation for external accountant year end reviews, ensuring proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation are in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies.
- Establish internal control guidelines, monitor compliance and efficiencies of controls.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of the accounting standards and government agencies
- Maintain banking relationships
- Maintain for debt and equity financing
- Represent the company with bonding
- Bachelors degree in Commerce/Finance or a related field
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a controller/management capacity
- Experience with a construction environment and industry knowledge of the construction is preferred
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced current knowledge & understanding of: accounting/auditing/rules and practices.
Apply to this posting by emailing email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.