We are a Commercial/Residential Construction Company in Aldergrove and are looking for a Construction Project Coordinator/ Estimator to work with our Operations Manager and Project Managers to provide a wide variety of project coordination and support on our current projects. Currently we are working on several residential and commercial projects and we are looking for an experienced coordinator/estimator.
- Provide support to Operations, Project Manager and Superintendents regarding all construction related issues where required.
- Assist in preparation of quantity take-offs for various scopes of work to assist with tendering sub-trades.
- Assist in preparation of Bids and Tender Submittals.
- Monitor Subcontractor performance and insure adherence to the terms and conditions of such agreements.
- Coordinate permitting and inspections.
- Track RFI submissions and responses, and keep detailed logs of such.
- Track and manage submission / approval of all shop drawings and submission of close out documents, and keep detailed reports of such.
- Communicate concerns with Project Managers and Operations Management about current or future projects.
- Complete general project reports and budgets.
- Prepare subcontractor bid packages.
- Understanding and knowledge of current market costs of construction.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Other special duties as assigned.
- Familiarity of UDA and asset, but not a requirement.
- Take a lead role in managing the day-to-day administrative and document control duties in the pre-construction and construction phases. This includes requests for information, site instructions, submittals/shop drawings, change orders etc.
- Review and code monthly invoices from subtrades and suppliers.
- Coordinate and collect all project closeout, maintenance manuals, as-built drawings etc.
- Technology diploma or engineering/construction management degree considered an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years related construction experience within the lower mainland, preferably with a general contractor.
- Working knowledge of local construction methodology including administrative processes and on site activities.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines from multiple sources.
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organized with strong problem solving skills.
- Personable and approachable.
- Computer skills, including MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, QuickBooks, UDA Construction Suite.
Compensation and benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with opportunity for growth.