Job Description: Payroll Administrator /Accounts Payable– Langley, BC
The Payroll administrator and Accounts Payable role will have dual responsibilities of payroll and benefits administration along with Accounts Payable Support. This position will report to the Senior Accountant and Controller respectively. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing and diverse company.
- Responsible for full cycle Payroll function for 2 companies. Process payroll for 75+ employees.
- Process and track new hires, wage adjustments, OT, terminations, direct deposits, etc.
- Serve as the employee relations contact for employees payroll inquiries.
- Manage all benefit status changes with carriers and make appropriate payroll changes; reconcile benefit carrier invoices.
- Ensure company is in compliance with all Canadian federal and provincial agencies.
- Maintain and update electronic time sheet program user profiles, and run reports required to determine payroll adjustments.
- Process T-4’s WCB, Receiver General Remittances.
- Assist in upgrading and implementing computer systems to process payroll and time tracking using Quick Book T-Sheets.
- Assist and managing performance plans and documentation.
- Receive, sort and code invoices and supporting documents
- Ensure invoices are entered accurately
- Match invoices to supporting documentation such as purchase orders and weigh bills
- Enter invoices into Quick Books
- Understanding of the General Ledger
- Follows and implements month end close activities to meet deadlines
- Be open to special projects, responsibilities and other duties as assigned by Management
- Reconciling our Vendors statements
- Making sure accounts are kept up to date and paid on time.
- Minimum 3-5 years in handling of full cycle payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Experience with hourly and salaried payrolls.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Quick Books knowledge an asset
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Must maintain utmost level of confidentiality.
- Understanding of labour laws.
- Some knowledge in general accounting practices with good working knowledge of A/P and payroll practices.
- A positive attitude, good communication skills, attention to detail and Strong English skills, written and orally.
- Adapts quickly and enjoys challenges.
Construction experience an asset.